Dear Beloved Community,
We hope this message finds you peaceful and well.
With the uncertainty of the new Delta variant of the Coronavirus, we have come to the decision to temporarily close the monastery again for visitors until the end of November. We ask for your understanding and patience with us in this decision. We will continue to make our presence available online, with our weekly online Sangha on Thursday and possible upcoming online retreats.
We will review and update this decision as the situation evolves.
We recognize that, as a spiritual community and a place of refuge, we have a social responsibility to protect the wellbeing, safety, and happiness of our visiting guests and residential community. We also wish to support the spirit of recommendations currently being proposed, namely to avoid unnecessary travel and large gatherings bringing diverse populations close together.
Regrettably, this means we have had to cancel all our weekend and week-long retreats. We will not be hosting our regular Days of Mindfulness on Thursdays and Sundays or receiving any guests during this time.
If you have already booked a retreat with us, we will extend a full refund, or if you prefer, you can use your contribution as a credit towards a future retreat.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment that our temporary closure may cause you. We do hope to welcome back all of our friends in the near future. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask us.
HOW TO PRACTICE AT HOME – SOME RESOURCES
- You are invited to join us on Zoom for our Online Mindfulness Practice Session on Thursdays with Magnolia Grove Monastics from 4:00pm-5:30pm Central time. Different monastics will facilitate the practice session each week. Format will vary each time.
- Aware of the importance of each person’s practice of mindfulness in maintaining a just and compassionate society, we encourage you to continue your practice of mindfulness at home, with your local sangha or with an online sangha.
- Dharma talks by Plum Village teachers are uploaded regularly to plumvillageonline. You may also like to download the free Plum Village App which offers guided meditations, deep relaxations, guidance in the basic practices of mindfulness and talks by our teacher Thich Nhat Hanh.
- To be notified about online Dharma teachings and webinars, click here to subscribe to the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation newsletter.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Our monastery is dependent on retreat fees to cover our basic necessities. As we will be closed for an extended time, this obviously means we will incur significant losses. If you are able, we hope you will consider making a donation during this time.
- If you have registered for a retreat that is now cancelled, you may like to consider offering all or some portion of your already paid retreat fees to be retained by the monastery as a donation to cover running costs of the monastery. Thank you!
- To donate online through the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation, click here.
- If you donate through the TNH Foundation page and you would like to designate your gift to Magnolia Grove Monastery, please select it in the dropdown menu under Gift Designation or type the monastery’s name in the Gift Designation Notes box. Thank you!
Any gift will greatly help the monastics and be deeply appreciated.
We wish you much enjoyment and success in your practice and thank you for your trust, understanding and compassion.
Wishing you gentle breaths and steps,
The Monastics of Magnolia Grove Monastery