In addition to the schedule of Themed Retreats, Magnolia Grove is open for personally planned visits at specific times during the year. This is a wonderful opportunity to truly come home: to rest, refresh, heal, and cultivate mindfulness in daily life. Join the community of monastics and lay practitioners in following the daily rhythm and practice schedule of the monastery. We invite you to join us for a deep experience of mindful living for a two-week, one-week, or weekend retreat, as we continue to celebrate the wonders of life and the joy of living mindfully in the present moment. Open to individuals, couples, families, and small groups. Please kindly note that the duration of one’s stay will depend upon whether the monastery is open – this availability is provided on our calendar.
Is this your first visit? For Personal Retreat, please arrive on a Friday in time to settle in before 6:00pm dinner and 7:30 pm orientation. Please understand that we cannot accommodate late arrivals. (You may need to schedule to take off work, or to work only half a day on Friday in order to be with us on time.)
Please register in advance. We ask that you register at least by Monday for arrival in the week following that Monday to help with planning and preparation for your visit. You may not be allowed to stay if you arrive without having registered in advance.
- Please arrive at the monastery between 3:00pm-5:00pm on Fridays.
- Please note that not all Fridays are arrival days and not all arrival days are available for one or two-week retreats.
- Please register for your retreat a few weeks in advance so you will have enough time to receive and read through all confirmation information.
To support stability in our practice, we observe designated arrival and departure days. All personal retreats start on Friday afternoon with a check-in time between 3:00PM-5:00PM. Please arrange to arrive during check-in time. One and two week-long retreats end on Friday. Weekend retreats end on Sunday around 3:00PM.
Due to the ever changing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask for your understanding and support whenever Magnolia Grove Monastery deems that immediate closure is necessary to ensure the health and safety of our monastics and lay friends. We strongly suggest that registered guests get travel insurance and/or refundable travel tickets, as we may not be able to give much notice before an imminent closure. In the case that the monastery closes prior to your arrival, your registration payment would be fully refunded as quickly as conditions allow.
If you have symptoms and test positive for Covid-19 during your stay at the monastery, we kindly request you to return home to care for yourself.
We do not want the cost to block you from our retreats. If you cannot attend a retreat due to cost, we strongly encourage you to ask for a reduction.
- DORM/CABIN bed in a shared room $80 per night
- TENT / RV/COMMUTER $50 per night. (For RV camping: unfortunately we do not have any electrical or water hookups available. You’re very welcome to come with your RV, but please prepare for dry camping accordingly.)
Discounts for students and seniors 20%, teens 30% and children 40%
If you are put on the waiting list, do not make a payment. If you are accepted, we will send a payment link.
* If you need a ride or can offer a ride? Please click here to fill out the Google form. We’ll send you the confirmation 3-5 days before the retreat starts.
We welcome friends who wish to come for a weekend or week long stay.